Barcelona’s Champions League Run


Ryan Ramirez, Contributing Writer

The Catalan club F.C Barcelona has been struggling in recent years. The club managed to get to the quarter finals of the Champions League last season, but suffered a terrible blowout by Bayern Munich in a game that ended with a score of 8-2. F.C Barcelona is a formidable club with top tier players, but the German club showed the Catalan’s weaknesses. Joan Laporta has also returned after Josep Maria Bartomeu resigned in 2020. Bartomeu left the club in major debt and in struggle. Barcelona is looking to make a comeback after a club legend, Xavi, returned to coach the club. Barcelona’s record over the last 4 games is 2-1-1. Barcelona is looking to have a good Champions League run and are trying to avoid going to the Europa League for the first time since 2003. Barcelona’s matchup against Bayern Munich on December 8th is a must-win, but their chances are slim. Bayern Munich is arguably one of the best clubs in the world at the moment. Barcelona just got a new manager and it is taking time for the team to adjust. Bayern Munich has always been a difficult team to beat, but as the Catalan club says, “1% chance, 99% faith.”

Update: Bayern Munich defeated FC Barcelona by a score of 3-0 in the Champions League.